At SS+K we work across many types of brands, but once every four years we get to tap into our political roots and take part in the election, and what an election year this is! When our right to choose what we do with our bodies, who we marry, how we’re seen in the world and so much more is at stake, we had to do something.
Inspired by three of our favorite things — history, the downtown area we call home, and our new obsession with Pokemon gaming, we decided to build a PokemonGo powered walking tour of our ‘hood. So Grab a bite to eat at some of our local haunts, catch some Pokemon and discover some history!
Moving Through Glass is the first-ever augmented reality application providing round-the-clock aid for people living with Parkinson’s. We have been working closely with Mark Morris Dance Group / Dance for PD® on the project for the last year. It is now making its way into the hands of researchers at Weil-Cornell Medical University and Stanford University, and will be available to students at Dance for PD’s flagship studio in Brooklyn.
We look forward to having more to share about Moving Through Glass in the weeks to come.Top
Our HBO GO Awkward Family Viewing campaign continues to connect with audiences around the world, earning numerous awards from Cannes, The One Show and The Andy’s, with additional show announcements to come.
- Cannes Lions: 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 1 Bronze
- One Show Pencils: 1 Best in Discipline (Film), 5 gold, 4 silver, 1 bronze, 4 merit
- Andy Awards:, 4 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Webby Awards: 3 Best in Category
- D&AD Pencils: 2 Graphite, 1 Wood
Click through to view all 7 Awkward Family Viewing spots and read the industry accolades and press coverage.
There are few pleasures greater than diving into a pizza and any of HBO’s award winning sex, drugs, comedy and violence shows. Unless you’re 19 and Dad insists on watching it with you, over your shoulder. This classic family dynamic inspired our latest marketing campaign for HBO GO dubbed “Awkward Family Viewing”.
These seven spots were shared across HBO’s social media properties, in digital media, and integrated into HBO’s college campus engagement efforts.
For more on HBO Go and Awkward Family Viewing, read:
- AdAge: “Awkward Family Viewing” campaign earns top nod at the One show
- AdWeek: HBO Go “Awkward Family Viewing” named one of top 10 ads 2014
- WSJ: New HBO Go Ads Show The Horror Of Watching Sex Scenes With Mom And Dad
- Huffington Post: HBO Go Says Watching TV Is Better When Done ‘Far, Far Away From Parents’
- Time: HBO Just Created the Most Supremely Uncomfortable Ads of All Time
- Mashable: HBO Knows How Awkward It Is to Watch HBO With Your Parents
- AdWeek: Ad of the Day – Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- Fast Company: That Awkward Time You Watched “Game of Thrones” With Your Parents
- AdAge Creativity: Watching ‘Game of Thrones’ With Your Parents Sucks. Use HBO GO Instead.
- TechCrunch: These HBO Go Ads Are Hilarious
- Recode: Here’s to Awkward Family Viewing of “Girls”
- BuzzFeed: These New HBO GO Ads Prove That You Should Never Watch TV With Your Parents
- Cosmopolitan: HBO understands what it’s like to watch Girls and Game of Thrones with your parents
- Entertainment Weekly: HBO Go ads explain why you don’t want to watch HBO with your parents
- Esquire: HBO Makes The Funniest Commercials, Too
- Digg: These Ads For HBO Go Are Brilliant
- Refinery 29: HBO GO’s New Videos Comically Turn Up The Awkward
- Slate: HBO’s New Reason You Need #HBOGoplease
- PC Mag: Awkward! Avoid Watching ‘Girls’ With the ‘Rents With HBO GO
Today Google announced grants for a select group of non-profits that are pursuing ways to use Google Glass and its unique abilities to further their causes. We’re proud to be a friend and partner to one of those select organizations, Mark Morris Dance Group.
Mark Morris Dance Group, along with Brooklyn Parkinson Group, runs Dance for PD™, an amazing award-winning program to enable people with Parkinson’s to harness the strategies of professional dancers—helping people regain a sense of control and independence as they go about their daily lives.
One challenge they face, however, is bringing learning from the classroom into the real world. That’s where Google Glass comes in.
Together with Mark Morris Dance Group and Google, SS+K will be exploring how we can further empower people with Parkinson’s disease by building Moving Through Glass, an application and program made specifically for Google Glass. Moving through Glass will create an intuitive, portable, dance-based toolkit for people living with Parkinson’s disease.
We are the beginning of an amazing technological revolution powered by exciting new connected devices. Products like Google Glass and Google Wear bring with them a whole new potential to empower people to live their lives in ways that were never before possible. We hope that by taking advantage of Google Glass sensors and heads-up display, we can help develop significant advancements for people with Parkinson’s. This is just the beginning.
To learn more about the project, read:
- Press release: Mark Morris partners with SS+K to develop new Google Glass app
- Brooklyn Paper: Google funding Ft. Greene studio’s Parkinson’s-dance app
We’re back from Cannes and what a week it was! We’re very proud to have picked up five Cannes Lions for the HBO GO “Awkward Family Viewing” campaign and incredibly honored to have received these industry accolades among extraordinary competition.
Congrats to all the winners and thanks to everyone who made it possible.
Gold Lion: Film Craft – Casting
Silver Lion: Film Craft – Direction
Silver Lion: Film Craft – Script
Silver Lion: Film – Internet Film
Bronze Lion: Cyber – Webisodes/Episodes
Rob Shepardson Appointed By President Obama To The President’s Council On Fitness, Sports And Nutrition
SS+K is proud to announce that one of our founding partners, Rob Shepardson, has been appointed to the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition, an honor that reflects his long involvement with public health in America, as well as his athletic accomplishments.
Rob, an adjunct professor at Columbia’s Mailman School of Public Health, was instrumental in the launch of LIVESTRONG, the foundation that inspired millions of people to take a stronger stance against cancer. Rob also led the SS+K team that helped create and launch “Let’s Move,” First Lady Michelle Obama’s program to counter the obesity epidemic plaguing young Americans, which just celebrated its 4th anniversary.
An avid sportsman, Rob’s athletic glory days did not end when he hung up his cleats as the quarterback of his college football team. To this day, Rob fuels his passion for fitness by running and this past Monday, completed the 2014 Boston Marathon in 3:36!
Rob lives what he loves, as a business strategist, an athlete and as an advocate for public health. We look forward to what he accomplishes along with his fellow Council Members. We’ll book a conference room for co-chairs, Drew Brees and Dominique Dawes any day.Top