SS+K, Bully Pulpit Interactive, and Frontier Solutions have been working with the NCAA since July 2015. And in that time, we have helped their organization both understand and engage new audiences about their passion for creating opportunity for college athletes: through their commitment to academics, well-being and fairness. So when the ask came to empower female athletes in ad, we, two female creatives, were pissed. (more…)Top
At SS+K we work across many types of brands, but once every four years we get to tap into our political roots and take part in the election, and what an election year this is! When our right to choose what we do with our bodies, who we marry, how we’re seen in the world and so much more is at stake, we had to do something.
We’re happy to announce the launch of four TV PSAs for the NCAA. They go live tonight during March Madness:
The PSAs remind us of what’s most important about being a student-athlete: defining your own version of success through a college education.
“Shaquille O’Neal” and “Billie Jean King” feature these two iconic athletes, who found their own path to success and are now watching the next generation work toward theirs. In both cases, sports have allowed these two legends to accomplish so much outside of the game. “Courts” and “Fields,” the other two spots, feature quotes and speeches from legendary basketball coach John Wooden and Olympic hockey coach Herb Brooks.Top
Moving Through Glass is the first-ever augmented reality application providing round-the-clock aid for people living with Parkinson’s. We have been working closely with Mark Morris Dance Group / Dance for PD® on the project for the last year. It is now making its way into the hands of researchers at Weil-Cornell Medical University and Stanford University, and will be available to students at Dance for PD’s flagship studio in Brooklyn.
We look forward to having more to share about Moving Through Glass in the weeks to come.Top
We are excited to launch our latest work for FreshDirect just in time for all those glorious eating occasions that come along with summer. The campaign, “Go Forth and Conquer,” is about all the endless ways you can use FreshDirect to make your life easier, happier and tastier.
It’ll make you want to Go Forth and Munch. Or Go Forth and Spoon. Or Go Forth and Mash. Slice. Dice. Scoop. Slurp. Nibble. Dip.
You can already spot some of our work in NYC subways, and there’s a lot more to come – from digital homepage takeovers, to what shows up inside your FreshDirect delivery box.
Here’s some of what you’ll be seeing this summer. All the delectable food imagery that’s featured comes from Johnny Miller and team.
When you dig into it, there are a lot of really quirky financial terms. Coackroach Theory, Dead Cat Bounce, Bear Hug, Stalking Horse Bid… phrases we’re all surprised to learn have deeper meaning.
To help educate people about the crazy but useful financial terms we created Fun With Finance, a series of fun animated videos for E*TRADE that can be discovered and shared on social media.Top
Our HBO GO Awkward Family Viewing campaign continues to connect with audiences around the world, earning numerous awards from Cannes, The One Show and The Andy’s, with additional show announcements to come.
- Cannes Lions: 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 1 Bronze
- One Show Pencils: 1 Best in Discipline (Film), 5 gold, 4 silver, 1 bronze, 4 merit
- Andy Awards:, 4 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Webby Awards: 3 Best in Category
- D&AD Pencils: 2 Graphite, 1 Wood
Click through to view all 7 Awkward Family Viewing spots and read the industry accolades and press coverage.
There are few pleasures greater than diving into a pizza and any of HBO’s award winning sex, drugs, comedy and violence shows. Unless you’re 19 and Dad insists on watching it with you, over your shoulder. This classic family dynamic inspired our latest marketing campaign for HBO GO dubbed “Awkward Family Viewing”.
These seven spots were shared across HBO’s social media properties, in digital media, and integrated into HBO’s college campus engagement efforts.
For more on HBO Go and Awkward Family Viewing, read:
- AdAge: “Awkward Family Viewing” campaign earns top nod at the One show
- AdWeek: HBO Go “Awkward Family Viewing” named one of top 10 ads 2014
- WSJ: New HBO Go Ads Show The Horror Of Watching Sex Scenes With Mom And Dad
- Huffington Post: HBO Go Says Watching TV Is Better When Done ‘Far, Far Away From Parents’
- Time: HBO Just Created the Most Supremely Uncomfortable Ads of All Time
- Mashable: HBO Knows How Awkward It Is to Watch HBO With Your Parents
- AdWeek: Ad of the Day – Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- Fast Company: That Awkward Time You Watched “Game of Thrones” With Your Parents
- AdAge Creativity: Watching ‘Game of Thrones’ With Your Parents Sucks. Use HBO GO Instead.
- TechCrunch: These HBO Go Ads Are Hilarious
- Recode: Here’s to Awkward Family Viewing of “Girls”
- BuzzFeed: These New HBO GO Ads Prove That You Should Never Watch TV With Your Parents
- Cosmopolitan: HBO understands what it’s like to watch Girls and Game of Thrones with your parents
- Entertainment Weekly: HBO Go ads explain why you don’t want to watch HBO with your parents
- Esquire: HBO Makes The Funniest Commercials, Too
- Digg: These Ads For HBO Go Are Brilliant
- Refinery 29: HBO GO’s New Videos Comically Turn Up The Awkward
- Slate: HBO’s New Reason You Need #HBOGoplease
- PC Mag: Awkward! Avoid Watching ‘Girls’ With the ‘Rents With HBO GO
If you find yourselves at Brooklyn’s Atlantic Ave station this January, be sure to check our latest work for FreshDirect. You can explore every inch of the station to discover quick and easy recipes for the whole family, sundae combinations to make your mouth water, and tips on cooking. All expressed through the gorgeous food photography of Johnny Miller.
View more photos after the jump.
This week SS+K and Jackson Hewitt unveiled a new identity and integrated marketing campaign around the brand philosophy of “Working Hard for the Hardest WorkingSM.”
With an emphasis on television and radio, the creative work shines a light on the hard-working Americans who look to Jackson Hewitt as their financial advocate. And just in time for tax season, Jackson Hewitt reminds them of its guarantees to uncover the biggest refunds possible with 100% accuracy.
Read more about the new campaign over at MediaPost.Top