Our HBO GO Awkward Family Viewing campaign continues to connect with audiences around the world, earning numerous awards from Cannes, The One Show and The Andy’s, with additional show announcements to come.
- Cannes Lions: 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 1 Bronze
- One Show Pencils: 1 Best in Discipline (Film), 5 gold, 4 silver, 1 bronze, 4 merit
- Andy Awards:, 4 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Webby Awards: 3 Best in Category
- D&AD Pencils: 2 Graphite, 1 Wood
Click through to view all 7 Awkward Family Viewing spots and read the industry accolades and press coverage.
There are few pleasures greater than diving into a pizza and any of HBO’s award winning sex, drugs, comedy and violence shows. Unless you’re 19 and Dad insists on watching it with you, over your shoulder. This classic family dynamic inspired our latest marketing campaign for HBO GO dubbed “Awkward Family Viewing”.
These seven spots were shared across HBO’s social media properties, in digital media, and integrated into HBO’s college campus engagement efforts.
For more on HBO Go and Awkward Family Viewing, read:
- AdAge: “Awkward Family Viewing” campaign earns top nod at the One show
- AdWeek: HBO Go “Awkward Family Viewing” named one of top 10 ads 2014
- WSJ: New HBO Go Ads Show The Horror Of Watching Sex Scenes With Mom And Dad
- Huffington Post: HBO Go Says Watching TV Is Better When Done ‘Far, Far Away From Parents’
- Time: HBO Just Created the Most Supremely Uncomfortable Ads of All Time
- Mashable: HBO Knows How Awkward It Is to Watch HBO With Your Parents
- AdWeek: Ad of the Day – Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- Fast Company: That Awkward Time You Watched “Game of Thrones” With Your Parents
- AdAge Creativity: Watching ‘Game of Thrones’ With Your Parents Sucks. Use HBO GO Instead.
- TechCrunch: These HBO Go Ads Are Hilarious
- Recode: Here’s to Awkward Family Viewing of “Girls”
- BuzzFeed: These New HBO GO Ads Prove That You Should Never Watch TV With Your Parents
- Cosmopolitan: HBO understands what it’s like to watch Girls and Game of Thrones with your parents
- Entertainment Weekly: HBO Go ads explain why you don’t want to watch HBO with your parents
- Esquire: HBO Makes The Funniest Commercials, Too
- Digg: These Ads For HBO Go Are Brilliant
- Refinery 29: HBO GO’s New Videos Comically Turn Up The Awkward
- Slate: HBO’s New Reason You Need #HBOGoplease
- PC Mag: Awkward! Avoid Watching ‘Girls’ With the ‘Rents With HBO GO